Thursday, July 31, 2008

Well, its been a while and I can explain. Its hard getting internet around this place! I have been at my venue more and more each day and we only have one computer that can access the web. There's about seven of us fighting for just a little time. If its not there, I have been going to a papa johns near by my media village to get the web. I hate to say it but I've been eating more pizza here then I ever do at home. But I've also been eating some great Chinese, the other night I took some friends to a great Beijing hot pot place. According to the waiter, its a couple hundred years old and then I lost him when he started to get in-depth. Once that happens I just nod and say "zen de ma, hao, hao hao!" It works every time. Beijing has such a mix of China that you can always find something new and different. Nothing beats a Beijing duck though, the way they cook it so the skin separates from the meat and then you just take a little bread and make a sandwich out of the whole thing.

Work has been getting a little productive, today the Chinese team started to practice, so I got a couple quotes from them. the rest of the international teams don't start arriving until saturday. Its so fun being able to start the interviews and get some stories going. This preparation process is a big part of the job because if I don't get some good news articles out, then the international journalists won't be biting. It also makes our team look a little more professional! Well, its going to have to be a short one today because another part of working for inforstrada is the night life!

No comments: